Person Consolidation

Hello Support Forum !

I’m wondering how people have approached the problem of determining if John Smith from Company A is the same John Smith from Company B aside from strictly comparing Name & DOB?

Does anyone have any tips or advice ?

Thanks !

Companies house provides a “person ID” in the officers bulk file which can be used for this purpose, however its not perfectly reliable. But probably better than matching on name/dob. Its a 12 digit number like this 149774860001. The first 8 digits identify the person and the last 4 increment with each change of details. So this will usually match people even if they change their name.

More can be found on Officer bulk data record types | CH Guide under the “Person number” section. Hope thats helpful to you.

Thanks for this Brian !

I’m currently working with the PSCs bulk file as well as the PSC & Directors Stream.

Is this same ID available in the PSC Bulk / Stream ?

I haven’t gotten the Directors Bulk quite yet.

Hi Chris,
Unfortunately there isn’t the same identifiers used across Officers and PSCs.

Hello Chris, good question! Would be interesting to know if we are working on similar tasks.

Pop me email at director@ndmindhealth.com if you would like to share ideas and knowledge.

Thanks,

Puneet

Thanks for this Brian !

Is this ‘person id’ available via the Directors Streaming API ? Is it called something else or am I just missing it ?

Hi Chris,
I had the same question. Asked here:

There is an update product that can be used, but the short answer is no, there is no person number in the officers stream.
The daily update file is in a similar format to the bulk officers file, requires a custom parser to read, and provides updates referenced by person number.
For more information see this page I wrote about it: Officers bulk updates file | CH Guide and if you have any further questions please ask, happy to help.

Cheers,
Brian

1 Like