Specific Form Search? DISS16(SOAS)

Hi, long time listener, first time caller!

Was looking at the API help and wondered if it could be used to find a specific form on the system - specifically a DISS16(SOAS) - “Compulsory strike-off action has been suspended.”

Ultimately what we want to do is see which companies have had that filed against them and have it searchable by date.

long time listener

…so I guess this is more of a “change request” for Companies House. For anyone else interested who isn’t familiar with the API: unless your search starts from a particular company, location (within limits, see here or here) or officer / PSC I’d suggest starting from another dataset and then obtaining further detail from the API as needed (e.g. the form type is available in the Filing History List). As regards searching the API directly CH said:

There are aggregator sites which collect detailed information on companies, with different slants e.g. statbooks (login as guest) or the webb-site (recent incorporations) etc.

In this case the monthly company information data dump might be where to start however I’m not sure this will help. As it only holds the current company status and I’m not sure you could use this to cut the amount of API-trawling you’d need to do for this task. Possible useful status values:

• In Administration
  • Active - Proposal to Strike off

There’s DVD product that CH sell - don’t think it gives you more information although it seems to allow more searches. I don’t use this myself.

1 Like

Yes, Statbooks does refine and publish dissolution information to subscribers - initially when dissolution is proposed and again on finalisation. Compulsory Dissolution is arrived at by default in that it is not Voluntary (which is specifically flagged); an extended version of the dataset identifies those that will be, or have been, dissolved following Insolvency activity.

We do not hold “Compulsory strike-off action has been suspended.” as a specific identifiable document but most can be arrived by default through dissolution being proposed but not completed within the normal timescale. We do hold Voluntary Dissolution suspensions which are specifically identified.

If this helps, or could help, anyone then please e-mail admin@statbooks.co.uk to find out more about our SLEUTH services.

1 Like